I have been following Jon for quite sometime due to his wildly popular blog “Stuff Christian’s Like”. The blog is a satire about the Christian Life. I love it! One of my favorites is the Jesus Juke. There are so many hilarious nuggets on his blog, that I knew meeting him in person would be very entertaining.
Since Jon prefers lists, I am going to list all of the awesomeness this conference offered.
- The drive down held many great conversations
- I made this picture in the car
- It was held at Financial Peace Plaza (Dave Ramsey)
- The environment was first class. Warm welcome, name tags with @ for twitter handle and space for your nickname.
- Two very long and very full snack tables. They gave us a bag of goodies, so it felt like we were Trick or Treating picking up some snacks!
- A generous offering of Jon’s books and Dave’s new book. All for $10/ea.
- Jon’s warm, genuine, transparent and honest personality.
- 200+ other folks that want to work on their Dreams.
- A workbook with all of the answers already filled in for you (so you have more dreamtime).
- We all received an official QUITTER T-Shirt
- we also received a killer watch from Hello Somebody to feed the Hungry.
- Incredible doses of inspiration and wisdom from Jon and the attendees.
- Adequate networking time.
- Tons of laughs.
- A Twitter Hashtag #QUITTERCONF
- A special 1 hour writing workshop.
- An invite to the Listening Room Cafe to see the band Seryn (Incredible! I mean the guy literally sings into his Ukelele…. And it sounds awesome!)
- And Jon is incredibly Handsome! 🙂
Thankful to Jon, Jenny, Chris and the whole Dave Ramsey Group for putting on a very fulfilling and engaging conference. It was an absolute steal at $99!! Next time he puts one together, you should get there.
PS – Jon if you’re reading this – stop and get back to writing your next book!! Lol